Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Week 30 (July 22-28): Boats

The prompt for #52Ancestors Week 30 is 'Boats" - and I do love boats.  Whether it is a cruise ship, harbor cruises or the small paddle steamers of my home town, I love boats and being on the water.


Over the past several years I have been lucky to have managed to combine my love of boats with genealogy, and attend a few of the wonderful Genealogy Cruises arranged by the lovely people at Gould Genealogy.  With a variety of talks held while the ship is at sea plus full access to all the shore trips at the various ports and all the ship's activities and amenities available, they have been wonderful holidays and my only regret is I was not able to go on more of their cruises.

Not only have these floating conferences offered a range of learning opportunities, they have also been a great way to meet fellow genealogists and share my favourite hobby with others.  The conference part of the cruise has always provided me with friendly faces to chat with and eat with and has been a bonus for a solo traveller.

No comments:

Post a Comment