Friday, July 19, 2024

Family History Month

We are rapidly approaching August, which is National Family History Month in Australia, and I am gearing up at the library for a series of Family History talks and 1 to 1 help sessions.

During the month I will be visiting each of our library branches to run sessions, focusing on Ancestry Library Edition, which is available free through our library service, and hints and tips for your family history research.

I will also be running a number of 1 to 1 help sessions, where people can book a time to sit with me and I will try to help with their research brick walls.  I love these sessions as they always raise some intriguing stories, and while I can't guarantee success it is always a thrill to locate a missing fact that helps someone further their research.

There are many other events taking place during August around the country, and quite a few are listed on the AFFHO (Australasian Federation of Family History Organisations) website.

So take a look around at what is happening during August for Family History Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment