Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Accentuate the Positive

I am responding once again to the wonderful Jill Ball with her annual challenge.  I'm looking forward to reading all the responses from my fellow Genealogists out there.


1. 
I was happy to go back to visiting archives and running genealogy classes at my local library after a Covid absence

2. In 2022 I was particularly proud of writing regular blog posts throughout the year, especially the #52 Ancestors challenge.

3. A new software package or web application I embraced was the newly revamped Campaspe Library website which will go love in the New Year

4.  My sledge hammer did great work on this brick wall - finding new details of my great grandfather's visit to America in the 1870s

5. A new genealogy/history book that sparked my interest was the wonderful fiction series by Alison Weir on the wives of Henry VIII

6. A geneasurprise I received was a Christmas gift subscription to the British Newspapers Online

7.  In 2022 I finally met- no one new but did finally get to catch up with geneamates I hadn't seen since preCovid

8.  Locating new newspaper articles on family members gave me great joy

9.  I am pleased the Covid situation caused me to change the number of conferences and meetings I could attend during the year, with so many being offered online

10. I progressed my DNA research by loading my test results onto more websites

11.  An informative journal or newspaper article I found was an obituary of my great great grandfather

12. I was pleased I could contribute tothe monthly Kyabram Genealogy Chat

13.  Trove taught me how to better search their website

14. I got a thrill from opening someone's eyes to the joy of genealogy when people come into the library asking what resources we can offer

15. The best value I got for my genealogy dollars was online meetings and conferences saving me a lot of travelling costs

16. A DNA discovery I made was more relatives to share information with

17. I enjoyed my first post Covid face to face event because I finally could!

 
18. Another positive I would like to share is2023 is another great opportunity for more research!


No comments:

Post a Comment