Thursday, December 29, 2022

#52Ancestors - Week 52 - Looking Ahead

This is the last week of the 2022 #52Ancestors challenge, and I am pleased that I have kept up with the weekly topics throughout the year.  It has been a great way of revisiting various areas of my research, looking at topics from a different angle and thinking about my research in new ways.

The final theme is looking ahead, and for me this involves making plans for the year ahead, deciding where I will focus my next research efforts, looking at upcoming meetings and conferences and talks and making plans for research trips and visits to archives.

As my local community slowly recovers from the catastrophic floods of 2022 and the cleanup continues, we are all looking ahead to 2023 and hoping for a little less drama - the last few years have been scarred by Covid, floods, fires and other catastrophes, and we are all hoping for a little peace!

Genealogically, I am looking ahead to attending more meetings and conferences, hopefully in person but online if necessary, and furthering my research.  I hope to catch up with geneamates I haven't seen in person for a while and share the frustrations and successes of the last few years.

A huge thank you to everyone who has participated in the #52Ancestors challenge in 2022, and I am looking forward to participating in a similar blogging challenge next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment