Sunday, November 13, 2022

#52Ancestors - Week 45 - Ghost Story

The prompt for Week 45 is ghost story, and strangely enough, amongst all the family stories I have collected over the years, I don't have a good ghost story.  It is something I had never realized until I started on this post and went looking through my notebooks and found nothing.

Many families have a good ghost story.  Tales of hauntings, of seeing a relative miles away at the time of their death, of items being moved around, of sounds and sightings that cannot be explained.  No, none.

Maybe I never asked the right questions.  Maybe those with ghost stories were not willing to share them with me.  Maybe in my extremely practical and earthy family ghost stories were simply not a topic of conversation.  Even as a child a cannot remember sitting around of an evening telling ghost stories.  Being Australian, Halloween has never been the major event it is in many other countries and during my childhood there was no Halloween decorating or trick-or-treating much in this country.

For whatever reason, I am lacking in a good ghost story in my family.  For any relatives reading this, if you have a good ghost story please forward it to me.  Living relatives only need apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment