Monday, May 30, 2022

#52Ancestors - Week 21 - Yearbook

This week's prompt 'Yearbook' had me fossicking through storage in my garage to try to locate my old High School yearbooks - where had I stored them??  After a short search I located them in a box, safely stored away.

When had I last glanced at them?  I don't remember.  I probably had a quick look as I packed them in their box over 5 years ago as I prepared to move to my current home.  Prior to that, I probably haven't even thought about them in years.  Having found them now, I settled down to relive my High School days, laugh at some of the hairstyles and fashions, recall great teachers and some not so great, and reflect on how few of my High School yearmates still live locally.

Those old yearbooks - from the 1980's - certainly brought back memories.  Participating in school plays, playing flute in the school band, reading long forgotten short stories and poems I had written, seeing how many classmates I could name from school photos - the yearbooks were quite a blast from my past and I am so glad I have kept them.

The next job on my list - to scan my personal contributions to the yearbooks into my family history archives, along with any casual photos in which I appeared.  I have already scanned all my class and individual photos, and once I have digitised the relevant parts of the yearbooks I will find them a better storage place to keep them preserved for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment