Friday, June 14, 2019

RootsTech From Afar

I have been watching with interest the developing program for RootsTech London 2019, coming up this October.  Living in Australia, the time and cost of travelling to Salt Lake City or London for the RootsTech conferences has thus far been beyond me, and I know I will not make it to London 2019 either.  Thanks to technology, however, I have had another option to at least partially participate in these wonderful meetings by watching the videos of presentations from home.

While there really is nothing to equal actually attending these conferences - meeting fellow genealogists, chatting during breaks and visiting the exhibition hall - being able to watch a selection of the presentations at least allows me to participate, to learn about the databases, the resources available and how best to access them, and it is always exciting to hear about new developments and upcoming digitization projects.

So if, like me, you cannot make it to RootsTech, don't despair.  Have a look at the video archive of past presentations and see what they have to interest you.  You might even like to join the discussion with others unable to attend - there is even a hashtag #notatrootstech.

No comments:

Post a Comment