Thursday, October 18, 2018

Week 39 - On the Farm - 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks

Week 39 is 'On the Farm', and as so many of my ancestors were farmers and agricultural labourers I have a fair bit to choose from.

I was born on a farm - sorry Dad - on a sheep station.  As I was less than 3 years old when we left I have few clear memories of our home there, but have heard stories all me life about it.  The few photos I have of the old homestead are very precious to me, and I always enjoyed hearing stories about my parents lives there.
My father Peter at Para Station, c1960s

Dad's parents were born and married in England before emigrating to Australia, and over the years I have acquired several photos of the property where Grandad was born in the small village of Fordham, Essex.  The Green family had lived there for several generations, and the farm is now held by the Woodland Trust.
Manor Farm, Fordham, Essex, England

No comments:

Post a Comment