Tuesday, September 6, 2022

#52Ancestors - Week 36 - Exploration

While home isolating during a recent bout of Covid, I decided to spend a few days exploring my files, checking documents and revisiting old research.  Exploring my old research is something I need to do more, fact checking and making sure all documents are properly referenced in my family group sheets, re-reading family stories and the records and details that corroborate (or explode) them.  

I always enjoy exploring my files, revisiting old documents and reliving discoveries.  As I have been researching for a number of years, the amount of paper I have accumulated is impressive, and I may not revisit certain families for quite some time.  Delving deep into my accumulation of records is an exploration indeed.

I also spent time online exploring 'new' data available since I last researched certain branches of my family and making sure I had all the information available.  

Another exploration over the past few weeks has been my online family tree, and the hundreds of 'hints' available.  While the majority I quickly dismiss and delete, there are always a few treasures to explore and add to my research, details that either I have missed during earlier research or coming from newly available records which have only just been added.  

Family History is in itself an exploration - of our past, of the history of our ancestors and the wider history that impacted and changed their lives.  Happy exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment