Friday, March 18, 2022

An Exciting Find

It is always so exciting to receive a previously unseen document or photograph from a distant relative, and this week I been lucky enough to discover such a gift.  

Charles Cock was the husband of my great grandaunt Sarah Green.  He was born in Totham, Essex about 1812 and died in West Mersea, Essex 14 August 1896.  He and Sarah married in Sarah's home village Fordham, Essex 21 November 1843.

Early photographs of our ancestors are so often rare and precious, and I am extremely happy to have the above photo of Charles.  I don't know exactly when it was taken, although I presume later in his life, and it is possibly cropped from a larger image.

If anyone out there knows more about this photo, I would be delighted to hear from you and am always happy to share information.

No comments:

Post a Comment