Thursday, February 25, 2021

RootsTech has Started!

For some time now I have been looking forward to this year's RootsTech, which is 100% online.  In the past, I have enjoyed watching presentations after the event, as I have not been able to travel to Salt Lake City in America for the conference itself.  This year, however, I am able to attend the online event and participate more fully.

The list of presentations is impressive, covering a wide variety of topics.  You can search the presentations several ways, including by language or by topic - Keynotes ; Connecting with family ; Finding Ancestors ; DNA ; Placves, Records and Research ; Memories - Stories, Photos and Videos ; Traditions and Heritage ; Websites, Tools and Apps ; Latter-Day Saints.  Truly there is something here for everyone.

Not all the presentations are long - some run for only a few minutes but are still well worth watching - and not all are live - quite a few have been pre-recorded.  All will be available to watch over the next few months.  There is even the facility to create yourself a playlist of all the sessions you want to watch when you have time.

There is also an Expo Hall where you can visit virtual booths by sponsors and exhibitors from around the world.  Many have links to extra information, conference specials, downloads and more. 

I have already started creating my playlist and visited a few of the booths in the Expo Hall, and I know I will be spending a significant portion of this weekend glued to my computer watching some of the excellent presentations on offer.

Happy RootsTech!

No comments:

Post a Comment