Sunday, January 21, 2018

Week 3 - Longevity - 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks

The prompt for Week 3 of 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks is Longevity - the oldest person in your family tree, longevity in a job or career, the person it took you the longest to find.

This prompt immediately took me to my father's family, and sent me reflecting on the long lives of Dad and his siblings.  My father, Peter Jeffrey Green, was the second youngest of 10 children and he passed away almost 5 years ago at the age of 87.  A fairly long life by most standards, but it paled alongside several of his siblings.  All ten siblings lived to at least 70 years of age.  I would doubt there are many big families around who could make that claim (if you can, I would love to hear from you).

The only photo I have of all 10 siblings, with their father.
The ten Green siblings in birth order order are :
Frank Walter Arthur - died age 97
Ernest John Thomas - died age 76
Isobel May Victoria - died age 80
Phyllis Muriel Argent - died age 101, only two weeks before she would have celebrated her 102nd birthday
Jessica Evelyn Sibyll - died age 77
Olive Eleanor Lorraine - died age 90
Nancy Mary Constance - died age 93
Leslie William Murray - died age 88
Peter Jeffrey - died age 87
Marjory Beryl - died age 71

With the exception of Leslie, all the siblings married and had children, so I have quite a large number of cousins.  As Dad was second youngest and was in his 40's when my sister and I were born, we are the youngest by quite a stretch, and our eldest cousins are close to 40 years our senior, having children several years older than we are.  Family reunions can be quite a generation game.

No comments:

Post a Comment